Justice has been very slow for Amanda, Kraig was able to bond out of jail fairly quickly by posting a $30,000 bond. Dawn has not ever been charged although she knew abuse had been going on and she did nothing to prevent it. She even gets to see Amanda through supervised visitation.
Just this evening, I got curious and decided to pull Kraig A. Monroe Jr.’s CORI report and saw that he had 36 current and prior criminal cases (some were minor). Learning this only infuriates me more and reinforces my willingness to help Amanda and her family get justice in any way that I can.
Below is a list of the addresses, emails, phone numbers and faxes for everyone that we could think of to contact to request that Kraig is finally brought to trial in Amanda’s case. Amanda’s family wants justice and their tired of going to status hearings to be told the same thing time after time. Nothing is being done and as of January 12, 2011 they will be told the same again. In March a year will have passed, still no further along than when it first happened as far as Kraig is concerned.
If we can get as many people as possible to start raising questions and demanding justice for this little girl maybe we can get the media to pick the story back up before the next “status” hearing and they will finally do something. I know a group on facebook called or wrote into Fox2 and they reported on Amanda back in November, so I do know that this works we just need to continue stirring them up.
Please, if you can, take just a few minutes and write a letter to send to the addresses or emails below. You can send the same letter to everyone so it really won’t take very long. There are also phone numbers if you prefer to call.
If you have any questions or suggestions send me a email via contacts page. Thank you.
• Richard Durbin State Representative 250 W. CHERRY STREET SUITE 115 D CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS,62901 Email: http://durbin.senate.gov/contact.cfm
• Brendan F. Kelly St.Clair County States Atty. St. Clair County Court House 10 Public Square Belleville, Il. 62220 email@example.com Phone: 618-277-3892 Fax: 618-277-6748
• C. John Baricevic, Chief Judge County Building 10 Public Square Belleville, IL 62220 Main Office: 618/277-7325 FAX: 618/277-1398 http://www.state.il.us/court/default.asp
• KTVI FOX2 2250 Ball Drive Saint Louis, MO 63146 Main Station Phone: 314-213-2222 or 314-213-7831 http://www.fox2now.com/about/ktvi-contactus-storyideas-form,0,116502.htmlstory
• KSDK-TV 5 1000 Market Street St. Louis, Mo. 63101 firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 314-444-5126 314-421-5055
• KPLR11 2250 Ball Drive Saint Louis, MO 63146 Main Station Phone: 314-213-2222 Assignment Desk Phone: 314-213-7831 To EMAIL go to this link: http://www.kplr11.com/about/station/contactus/
• KDNL-TV 30 ABC30 1215 Cole Street St. Louis, MO 63106 Phone: 314-436-3030 To EMAIL go to this link http://www.abcstlouis.com/inside/contact.shtml